The Leanne Scholarships
for ages 11-17 - CLOSED
YouthWrite is delighted to offer The Leanne Scholarship
for applicants in financial need to attend our camps.
A full or partial scholarship (depending on funds) for those in financial need who are interested in attending the YouthWrite camps. The scholarship is in memoriam of Leanne Palylyk, a young and talented writer and poet who passed at the age of 11.
- Fill out the application form below. Be sure to include all contact information, the gender and age of the applicant (who must be between 11-17 years of age), and an e-mail address.
- With the form, submit a letter from a teacher or parent describing the applicant's writing ability and reasons for applying for the scholarship, including information about financial need.
- Include ONE short sample of the applicant's writing, either 75 words of poetry, two pages double-spaced of prose, or a 1-page comic with a minimum of 3 panels.
- Full or partial scholarship awards are made at the discretion of the coordinator and supervisors, based on the overall application and the applicant's need.
- The successful applicant(s) will be notified via e-mail.
Your hectic day
Now you're ready
For some fun.
Have a drink
of sweet champagne,
Do not think
Of stormy rain.
It's warm inside
Sit near the heat
And think of spring.
Relax my dear
by Leanne Palylyk